When the Oscars telecast ends, it’s time to party! What went down at the annual Governors Ball? USA TODAY was on the scene, taking in the moody, throwback vibe of the bash. Tables were decorated with vintage photos of Old Hollywood stars as truffled chicken pot pies, braised short ribs and caviar-stuffed baked potatoes were passed around the room. Here are 11 celeb moments you missed.
1. Win, lose or toast – As guests made their way into the party, the Boyhood table raised a toast to their director, Richard Linklater.
2. Have Lego Oscar, will travel – Steve Carell’s Lego Oscar stood at attention on his table inside the bash. “Oh, it’s going right in the case” with the other awards, he said with a laugh. “Emma Stone still has hers, too.” Generously, he let a reporter touch it. It was light, and awesome.
3. Another Lego bites the dust – Stone indeed kept hers, and held her Lego Oscar as she exited the bash around 10 p.m. Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King soon followed.
4. A family affair – Laura Dern was in mom mode, weaving her way around the party with her young daughter and son.
5. One crowded bed – At the back of the bash, winners queued up to get their Oscars engraved. Patricia Arquette’s husband took photos of the process as she watched her nameplate be fixed to her statue. “I think it’s going in bed with me tonight,” she said, when USA TODAY asked where she’ll keep it. “I’m not kidding.”